Senior Universe / Pick Programmer - AutoPower Projects
Job Description and Competencies:
This position will join a team responsible for the next generation development of the AutoPower System. You will contribute to the team by:
- Providing technical and programming skills that will include new functionality and enhancements of existing and new applications.
- Performing reviews, analysis, and modifications of programming systems including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs.
- Joining a senior programming team handling applications in Accounting, Ordering, Shipping, Receiving, and all facets of Warehouse Management and Inventory Management.
Thorough understanding, proficiency and work experience with the following are required:
Experience in Universe, Pick Basic and/or Unidata Multivalue database systems is required.
Desired but not required programming knowledge:
- Java or C#
- HTML & CSS - Understanding of java script coding methods and best practices
- Framework experience in one or more frameworks: Angular, React, Knock Out, etc.
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience using JSON, REST APIs, and Asynchronous calls
Experience with the following is desired:
- Object Oriented Design
- Windows OS Environment
- Troubleshooting & debugging methodologies
- Quality assurance testing methodologies
- Technical writing & documentation
- Cross platform desktop applications
- Designing product systems including user experience and system architecture
- Writing detailed functional specifications
- Writing, analyzing, reviewing and rewriting programs, using workflow charts and diagrams.
- Applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and user interface logic to application development
- Drive the documentation of system business requirements, technical requirements, specifications and test cases on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal support staff and external users.
- Collaborate with 3rd party partners and users to develop new programming interfaces.
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Prepare reference material for user tasks analysis to aid in the development of online users help guides.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to accurately produce the desired information confirming instructions are correct.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs or projects
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
Programs / Technologies AutoPower Uses:
- Database Technologies: Universe, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
- Development Environment: AccuTerm WED/GED, SystemBuilder, Visual Studio, Android Studio, Eclipse, CVS, TortoiseCVS, git
- Development Components / 3rd Party Tools: OpenEdge XCharge, StarShip
- Document and Online Help Production: Adobe Creative Suite,
- Microsoft Office
- Graphics Programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
Experience and Skills:
- Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Applied Math, Web Development is desired but work experience will be the prime focus for hiring
- 5 to 8 years programming experience
- Working knowledge of System Builder is desired but not required
- Development experience with Microsoft Windows or client/server systems in a high-volume environment is preferred.
- Previous work experience with Inventory and Warehouse management or related software is preferred.
Knowledge in the any of following additional areas is desired
- Web Development and/or Database Development
- Mobile App Development
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Sales Analysis
- Business Analysis
- Vehicle Service & Repair
- Any native applications with web technologies